Virtual reality (VR) refers to a computer-generated simulation in which a student can interact within an artificial three-dimensional environment using electronic devices, such as special goggles with a screen or gloves fitted with sensors.
Using VR gives teachers the chance to create visualisations that are not possible in the traditional classroom, which in turn create student interest and engagement.
This resource will allow students to experience different facilities and services around City of Wolverhampton College and practise their English and maths skills.
Students will be required to:
- Ask if a computer is available to use
- Listen to a role-play at the Study Hub and focus on word order in open and closed questions.
- Reorder words to create open and closed questions
- Locate a variety of rules, signs and modal verbs around the Study Hub
- Complete a matching exercise: labelling stationery
- Type in the missing letters for different items of stationery/Drag the missing letters to complete the names of different items of stationery
- Add up the total cost of different types of stationery
Implementation And Assessment
Successful completion of their VR experience, will enable students to:
- Use open and closed questions in a library setting
- Identify and spell different types of stationery
- Use appropriate language to purchase stationery
- Identify the purpose of different signs and posters around the college
- The learning objectives and maybe something about how it will translate to their vocational course